How do I turn a bad day around and get back on track?
I absolutely hate when I wake up feeling great but then something happens to ruin my day. Bad days are the worst, but there are things you can do to turn your day around. Some of them may sound simple, but I promise they will make a difference.
1. Get out in the sunshine for a few minutes. Sunlight increases the brains release of serotonin, and serotonin is associated with boosting your mood and helping you focus. Sunshine is the simplest yet the most effective way to make you feel better in just a few minutes.
2. Do not sweat the small stuff. It will be there when you get back to it.
3. Deep breathing for five minutes. Take a deep breath, hold it, and release it. Do this a few times and it will help release your stress.
4. Talk it out. Vent to your best friend.
5. Listen to some music.
6. Hit the gym during lunch. Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel better.
7. If all else fails… Suck it up, buttercup. Put your big boy/girl panties on and just push through it!
Today’s world is stressful, especially the workplace in the past year. We must learn to take time for ourselves, even if it’s just a few minutes a day. Having said that, take a breather, sit in the sunshine, and just relax. There is only one you. Be good to yourself.
As always, I, Andy, am here to help with your everyday problems. If you want honest advice to any problem, issue, or question, let me help. I’m a local resident with a sociology degree from Georgia Southern. Send your problems to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will help you solve them!