The 2022 Altamaha EMC Foundation Scholarships are now available for graduating seniors.
Total, four $1,000 scholarships will be awarded with two of these going to students planning to further their studies at a four-year university in Georgia with the remaining two to be awarded to students planning to study at one of Georgia’s technical colleges.
The deadline to submit applications is set for February 28, 2022 at 5 p.m. (Swainsboro High seniors must return their applications to counselor Monica Pace by February 18.)
Criteria for the scholarship are as follows:
• Applicants must be a high school senior scheduled to graduate in Spring 2022.
• The recipient’s primary residence must be the household of an Altamaha EMC member or Altamaha EMC employee.
• The scholarship fund will be in the form of a grant program with funds being paid to the college, university, or technical school in Georgia.
• The $1,000 bestowed will be paid to each scholarship winner’s educational expenses.
• Scholarship use must commence within one year of date of issuance and be totally utilized within two years of the date of issuance. The school shall return any unused funds to the scholarship fund.
• A combination of need and academic ability will be used in determining scholarship fund winners.
• Scholarship winners must notify Altamaha EMC of their acceptance of the award and the name of the school they plan to attend by June 1, 2022 or they will forfeit the scholarship.
For questions, contact Tammy Vaughn, manager of marketing and communications, at 912-526-2120.