Residents and businesses now have access to the Xfinity 10G Network and a full suite of connectivity and entertainment services
Comcast announced today that more than 700 underserved homes and businesses in Twin City, Georgia, now have access to the Xfinity 10G Network, connecting customers to fast, reliable Internet with low latency.
“Comcast is working diligently to bring the power of our advanced broadband network to residents and businesses in rural Georgia,” said Jason Gumbs, Comcast Regional SVP. “We know how critical it is to connect our communities, and we believe today’s announcement is a significant milestone for Twin City.”
Local businesses in Twin City now have access to a full suite of Comcast Business Internet, voice and video services. Residential customers can enjoy Xfinity services, including the following:
• Xfinity Mobile – Purchase new mobile phones, devices and accessories and choose a flexible data plan – Unlimited or By the Gigabyte – that fits your unique needs.
• Xfinity Internet – Connect to the Xfinity 10G Network and get speeds up to 2 gigabits per second, advanced WiFi gateways, and powerful WiFi Boost Pods that extend coverage to every corner of your home.
• Xfinity X1 – Explore our video platform – the ultimate entertainment experience – and try the Xfinity Voice Remote.
• Xfinity Home – Xfinity’s home security and automation solution.
This expansion also provides families access to Comcast’s Internet Essentials program, the nation’s largest broadband adoption initiative for low-income families. Internet Essentials provides low-cost broadband service for $9.95 a month, digital literacy training and discounted computers. This, along with the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), gives income-constrained families support on their Internet and mobile data plans.
Powered by the Xfinity 10G Network
Comcast’s Xfinity 10G Network and Internet experience are powering homes today and into the future:
• Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect more than 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing, and more, simultaneously.
• Fastest Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products and symmetrical gig speeds are coming to the first homes later this year.
• Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful WiFi Boost Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas, with plans for an offering of increased support for in-home WiFi through a “boost guarantee” later this year.
• Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network – that passes 60 million homes and businesses and counting. The company launched Storm-Ready WiFi, a new device that comes powered with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
• Ultra-Low Latency: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest Xfinity Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.
Over the last three years, Comcast has added and upgraded nearly 10,000 miles of its network to connect more than 300,000 new businesses and homes across the southeastern United States. Comcast plans to continue this expansion and bring its network to more underserved communities through private funding and state and local partnerships.
For residents looking to see if their neighborhood has access to Xfinity services, visit https://www.xfinity.com/mytown/. For businesses looking to connect, visit https://business.comcast.com/.
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company. From the connectivity and platforms we provide, to the content and experiences we create, our businesses reach hundreds of millions of customers, viewers, and guests worldwide. We deliver world-class broadband, wireless, and video through Xfinity, Comcast Business, and Sky; produce, distribute, and stream leading entertainment, sports, and news through brands including NBC, Telemundo, Universal, Peacock, and Sky; and bring incredible theme parks and attractions to life through Universal Destinations Experiences. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.